Fire Engineering Books: Volunteer Training Officer's Handbook
This comprehensive guide, by Eddie Buchanan, Jr., will provide the volunteer training officer everything needed to develop and implement a successful program while promoting quality and discipline in today's volunteer firefighter. Alternative delivery options will be presented that allow the volunteer to achieve their training goals while meeting their responsibilities at home. Each chapter is broken down into subcategories that thoroughly explain all of the duties of the volunteer training officer. Buchanan carefully covers topics such as fire service training philosophies, organizational needs, recruiting, discipline, scheduling, marketing, drills, and graduation. Each chapter ends with review questions.
Volunteer Training Officer's Handbook is ideally suited for the volunteer training officer, chief officer, or fire fighter of any rank looking to develop drills and training programs for their department. Both volunteer and paid departments will find the lessons invaluable. Each book comes with a CD-ROM that includes appendices, instructor materials such as roll call forms, presentation material in PowerPoint, and student material.
Key Features & Benefits
- Step-by-step implementation process for the volunteer training officer
- Scheduling templates that meet the training officers core needs
- Core training values such as accountability, discipline, and pride
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Self-Preparation
- Chapter 2 Assessing Department Needs
- Chapter 3 A Systems Approach to Training
- Chapter 4 The Academy, Part I: Laying the Training Foundation
- Chapter 5 The Academy, Part 2: The Key Components
- Chapter 6 In-Service Training Options
- Chapter 7 Comprehensive Scheduling
- Chapter 8 Alternative Training Options and Marketing