Majestic Fire Apparel: HALO Particle Filter Hood
3-Ply Protection Where You Need It Most:
OUTER LAYER - Temperature Protection Outer Layer – Breathable Heat-Blocking
Halo LAYER - Particle Protection – Blocks Dangerous Particles From Skin Exposure
INNER LAYER - Next-to-Skin Moisture Wicking – For Comfort and Temperature Control
- HALO particle filter fabric is strategically placed to protect high exposure areas of the head and neck (areas that are not covered by the SCBA facepiece, helmet and coat collar)
- The HALO hood is color blocked to show placement of the HALO particle filter fabric (GREY fabric area contains the HALO particle filter fabric).
- BLACK fabric area of the HALO hood in our carbon Ultra C6 fabric.
- Ultra C6 is a breathable heat blocking fabric engineered to stabilize your body core temperature.
Halo Hood Advantages
- One application, one movement for ease of donning and doffing – product design demonstrates a bias for simplicity and utility
- Combines a next to skin moisture wicking base layer technology + HALO particle filter layer + heat blocking outer layer
- Testing shows HALO Hood fabrics block 96.6% of the particles at the smallest particle size range of .3 microns
- Effectiveness of HALO hood can be determined by evaluating how many particles will pass through the overall hood material composite
- HALO hood fabrics can withstand repeated laundering, while laminated fabrics can breakdown over time with laundering
- HALO hood easy to care for with regular washing and drying (permanent fabric performance that will NOT wash or wear out over time)
- Wicking base layer spreads moisture out across the fabric to enhance the evaporative drying rate
- Helps to control smoke odor on skin following fireground exposures
- UL Certified to the current NFPA 1971 standard