Fire Engineering Books: Labor Relations for the Fire Service
by Paul J. Antonellis, Jr., Adj. Prof., Anna Maria College
In his highly regarded new book, Paul Antonellis—fire service veteran, training/education consultant, instructor, author—explores the aspects of labor relations that are intertwined with human resource management in today's fire service organizations.
Intended as a text for college-level fire service programs, Labor Relations for the Fire Servicemeets USFA's FESHE requirement for thePersonnel Management for the Fire and Emergency Services course.
- Setting the stage for labor relations
- Historical events in labor relations and the fire service
- Labor-management relations in the public sector
- Labor relations and collective bargaining
- Negotiation process and impasse
- Contract administration
- Disciplinary action
- Human resource management
- Stress and psychological support
- Tomorrows labor relations
We Also Recommend