Fire Engineering Books: Fireground Size-Up
Fireground Size-Up by Deputy Chief Michael A. Terpak, Jersey City (NJ) Fire Department
This book covers 15 recognized size-up points for different types of occupancies. In each type of building discussed, the Chief Terpak covers: construction concerns, occupancy, apparatus and staffing, life hazard, terrain, water supply, auxiliary appliances and aides, street conditions, weather, exposures, area, location and extent of fire, time, height, and special considerations.
Fireground Size-Up is a MUST READ for firefighters and fire officers studying for promotional exams, active firefighters and officers who wish to study about a particular type of building and its concerns, and college and fire academies who conduct fire officer courses.
- Comprehensive guide to proven size-up points
- Proven experience to make the fireground safer and more efficient
- Discussion questions included with each chapter
- The Fifteen Points of Size-Up
- Private Dwellings
- Multiple Dwellings
- Taxpayers/Strip Malls and Stores
- Garden Apartments and Townhouses
- Row Frames and Brownstones
- Factories, Lofts, and Warehouses
- Vacant Buildings
We Also Recommend