Fire Engineering Books: Fire Officer's Handbook of Tactics, Third Edition--Audio Book
Fire Officer's Handbook of Tactics, Third Edition--Audio Book by Deputy Assistant Chief (Ret.) John Norman, Chief of Special Operations, FDNY
Use your CD-player or upload the audio CD onto your MP3 player and take the audiobook anywhere you choose!
Modern firefighting is a continually evolving science. New technologies are constantly being applied to the fire service, both from within and without. In the third edition of this perennial favorite, author John Norman examines these new technologies and how they affect fireground tactics. He also details the new role firefighters play in homeland security. What is offered here is a guide for the firefighter and the fire officer who, having learned the basic mechanics of the trade, are now looking for methods for handling specific situations.
Features & benefits:
- A new chapter addressing fires in garden apartments and townhouses, a growing problem throughout the country.
- A new chapter on the fire department's role in homeland security and preventing terrorism—first fire service text to address the new roles first responders play in detecting, preventing, and responding to the newest threats America faces.
- The chapters on high rise office building fires and sections on building construction have been expanded to include the lessons learned from the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on the World Trade Center.
- Professionally narrated by Keith Boscher.
- Perfect for uploading to your MP3 player.
Approx. 21 hrs. (17 discs)/Standard Format/2008
We Also Recommend