DQE: Non-Sparking Adjustable Wrench
Non-Sparking Adjustable Wrench for use in flammable environments.
The Hazardous Materials Response Technology Assessment by the US Fire Administration/ Federal Emergency Management Agency (USFA/FEMA) states, Ordinary hand tools are usually made of steel, which can cause sparks if struck, scraped, or dropped which can be disastrous in an explosive atmosphere. Tools used in a hazardous materials incident MUST be constructed of non-sparking, non-ferrous, non-magnetic, corrosion-resistant metals. AMPCO Non-Sparking, Non-Magnetic and Corrosion-Resistant Hand Tools conform to Federal, GSA, Military, as well as other international standards.
In general, Non-Sparking Tools should be used in any environment where ignition sources are a concern. Applications include, but not limited to:
- Maintenance and Repair Operations (MRO)
- Collection, Holding and Transfer (CHT)
- Hot Work
- Work in Confined Space
- Transportation (airports, railroads, tanker trucks, shipyards), Chemical, Petrochemical, and Gas Operations
- City, State and Federal Governments (utilities, waste management, HazMat, WMD)
- General Dust Environments (grain, mining, paper/pulp mills)
1 1/3" maximum opening
Size: 8 in.
- Manufacturer: AMPCO
- Model #: W-71