Steck Manufacturing Company was started as Steck's Paint & Body Shop by George Steck in 1946. George went into manufacturing in the late forties when he and a partner developed a fastener used to install rear fenders.
The rest, as they say, is history.
Steck has continuously manufactured tools and equipment for the collision repair industry in the same location in Dayton, Ohio for over fifty years. George Steck's original body shop building is still part of the Steck Manufacturing complex, and Steck still operates a body shop for research and development purposes.